Redefining Urban Education
Christel House Schools is transforming lives in Indianapolis.
Who We Are
Christel House Schools is a network of public charter schools educating children and adults throughout the Indianapolis area. We provide a caring environment that engages students in meaningful work, teaching not just academics but also the social skills necessary for our students to thrive. Through education, we help foster community and connectedness between diverse families in our city and beyond.
Christel House Families and Guests,
We want to provide more information as you prepare for your children to transition back to full-time eLearning. As many of you know, Dr. Virginia Caine with the Marion County Public Health Department that all Marion County schools are to move to e-learning from the end of November until mid-January due to the increased number of COVID cases the city is experiencing. Christel House Indianapolis schools will go to our e-learning model from Friday, November 20, 2020, until January 19, 2021. As Fridays are already e-learning days for our Academy students, the last day of in-person instruction for Academy and DORS students for the semester will be on Thursday, November 19.
Please remember that Monday, November 23, and Tuesday, November 24 are still school days for students, so they will still need to participate in their e-learning work those two days. Thanksgiving break is Wednesday, November 25 through Sunday, November 29. Students will be bringing their Chromebooks and chargers home with them today. Please be sure to return the chargers on Monday when your child comes back to school. They will also be sent home with them on Thursday, November 19.
If it becomes necessary for you to enter the school building, we ask that you help us in continuing to follow general social distancing guidelines, as well as the following specific safety measures we are putting in place to allow us to remain open and able to meet your needs:
- We ask each family to maintain at least a 6-foot distance between themselves and other guests, as well as our staff members, whenever possible. To accomplish this, we are allowing only two family members to enter our schools together at any given time. Also, only one family will be permitted to be in the office area working with our staff. A waiting area will be available in the vestibules at the building entrance. If the waiting area is occupied by awaiting family or guests, visitors waiting to enter the building should remain properly distanced outside or in their vehicles until those areas are unoccupied.
- We are requiring all of our staff members and visitors to the school to wear a mask over their nose and mouth while they are in the building with other people. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one upon entering the building.
- All visitors entering the school should make use of our hand sanitizing stations upon entering the building.
- Guests should continue following CDC guidelines and general practices to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
As an added precaution, our Christel House Team will clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, including sanitizing writing instruments before they are used by the next visitor. We appreciate your help and support as we continue to make our schools a safe place to visit.
The Christel House Schools Administration Team
ANNUAL LOTTERY – NOTIFICATION
The annual enrollment lottery for Christel House Academy South and Christel House Academy West was completed at 5 P.M. Monday, April 13, 2020. Click the link below to view the lottery process.Learn More
Our four schools are designed to meet the needs of the communities we serve. At Christel House Academy South, we use experiential learning in a student-led environment to help our students achieve their full potential. On the westside, Christel House Academy West is helping empower more students to become self-sufficient members of their communities. Students over 18 can earn their high school diploma at Christel House DORS, which offers flexible scheduling and resources created especially for adult students. And coming soon, we’ll offer even more options with our Christel House High School in Indianapolis.Learn More
At Christel House Schools, we’re transforming lives every day through education, community, and experiential learning. We attract students from all across Indianapolis, and we welcome anyone to apply. Here’s what you need to know:
Enrolling at Christel House Academies South and West
The open enrollment period for runs from the beginning of January through March 31st. We also accept applications throughout the year. Reach out today to enroll your students.Start the Enrollment Process
Enrolling at Christel House DORS
Christel House DORS helps adult students earn their diplomas, while accommodating their schedules. We enroll new adult students in August, October, January, and March.Click Here to Enroll
At Christel House Schools, we prioritize more than academics. Our teachers are encouraged to build relationships within the community, take time for family, and engage in professional development opportunities. Because of that, the work we do extends well beyond the lives of our students and also changes the lives of our teachers.
We expect a lot from the teachers. In return, we provide a generous benefits plan that includes health care, paid time off, and more. If you want to work at a mission-driven school committed to its students and its staff, we hope you’ll apply.Explore Careers
Become a Teacher
Do you believe you can make a difference as an educator? No matter what your background, Christel House’s innovative IndyTeach program can provide the training and certification you need to become a teacher.
We believe that great teachers can come from anywhere. What they have in common is a passion and a commitment to help educate the next generation of learners. If that sounds like you, IndyTeach can help you transition into teaching.Learn About IndyTeach
How to Apply
Christel House is changing lives, from our kids in K-12 to the adults we serve through DORS. We also change the lives of our teachers and staff, as our mission-driven school works to build diverse communities and relationships throughout Indianapolis.
Great things are happening at Christel House